A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Oceans Brawl

My oh my. It's September! Wowza.

Today's show was a super fun one - who I am kidding, hanging out at CFCR is always a great time. Played a couple older fun tunes, and a few new-to-me ones too.

My ever-loving cousin who always tunes to my show in from PEI told me about the beautiful song by Imaginary Cities called Purple Heart. I love it for its name alone! The video for it is pretty as well.

I have some cool links to share below as well, including some info about the Polaris Music Prize. Alvvays is shortlisted for this year's award. There was a great Polaris Panel and chat the other day, hosted by SaskMusic and taking place at the awesome Prairie Sun Brewery. Also... I am already obsessed with Coeur de pirate's beautiful new album, just released last week. A great showcase of her talent with this bilingual collection of tunes.

Playlist for September 3, 2015

Drinking Games - Library Voices*
From the Night - Stars
Raw Spectacle - Miracle Fortress
Late - The Moas*
The Agency Group - Alvvays
Left and Leaving - The Weakerthans
Coax Me - Sloan
I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Amy Milan
Instant Karma - Cuff the Duke
Nebula - The Browntones*
Come to Light - The Arkells
Questions - DVAs
If this Dance Catches On - Mounties
Sound the Alarms - Immaculate Machine
The House That Heaven Built - Japandroids
Omega Dog - The Dears
Oceans Brawl - Coeur de pirate
When You Still - Paper Beat Scissors
Purple Heart - Imaginary Cities

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists. 

Well, that's it for this week... keep your eye out for FM-Phasis fun on the horizon!

Take care,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment