A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Abide With Me

Greetings, pals in radio. Hope it's been a good week for you!

Today I had a trainee named Fintan in hosting with me. He's got a few shifts under his belt, so today he programmed most of the show. His sweet -- and mostly jazzy -- picks are below in blue.

I love being able to help budding hosts become acquainted with being on air. It always makes me fondly recollect the days when I was learning the ins and outs of the boards and all the knobs and doodads seven (!!) years ago. I can only hope to emulate the greats that trained me back in the day - and pass on the tips of the trade they so thoughtfully imparted on me!

Playlist for February 16, 2017

The Observable Universe - Kid Koala
All is Full of Love - Björk
Bones Attack!!! - Meligrove Band
Settle Down - Young Benjamins*
The Bad In Each Other - Feist
Outro - Vulfpeck
The Riddle - Becca Stevens Band
Oh My God - Alan Hampton
A Good Man is Hard to Find - Sufjan Stevens
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - Bill Frisell
Wicked Game - Sundro Domincelli
In This Dream - The Garrys*
Here We Go - Jon Brion
Sugar Mama - Deep Dark Woods*
Big City Lights - Deep Dark Woods*
The Oneironaeut - Will Bonness
First Flight - Myriad 3
Reckless - The Classy Chassys*
Thetenthousandthings - Adrean Farrugia
Le Phare - David Braid
Fireweed - Patrick Watson
Abide With Me - Mem 3

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists.

The Record Fair is coming up NEXT WEEKEND, woot woot! FEMFEST is in a few weeks as well, and it's going to be a great extravaganza to celebrate International Women's Day.

Click to enlarge image! 


Alright, talk to you next Thursday.

take good care,


k

No comments:

Post a Comment