A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Strange Age

Hi hi. 

Last week I was really lucky to host the Buzz on Wednesday and my regular Friday slot. 

On the 23rd, I had Saskatoon's Too Soon Monsoon in who played a sold out Winterruption show over the weekend, as well as Jacqueline and Caitlin from the Chefs' Gala & Showcase.

Friday, I had award-winning composer David Braid in who hosted a screening of Born to Be Blue as well as a Q&A and concert at the Broadway Theatre. I also fangirled... er.. interviewed the vocal powerhouse Begonia. Down to earth and sweet as pie. She opened for Bob The Drag Queen on Thursday and then played Amigos on Friday.

Here are my playlists for last week's shows.

Playlist for Jan. 23/19
Strange Age – Too Soon Monsoon*
Mountains of Blue – Too Soon Monsoon*
Ocean Eyes – The Darcys
The Wire – Shovels & Rope
We Are Fire – Sarah MacDougall
This Is How I Want to Feel Forever – Scott Orr
We Are Sky – Kinnie Starr
Nightingale – Royal Wood
Lazy – Hawksley Workman

Playlist for Jan. 25/19
Born To Be Blue – David Braid
Bowling Alley Boogie – David Braid
Unfollow – Mr Little Jeans
Rise Up Wise Up Eyes Up – Ibeyi
Deadly Valentine (Live Version) – Charlotte Gainsbourg
Out of My Head – Begonia
Lady in Mind – Begonia
No Anthems – Jon Neher, Michael Scott Dawson*
No Need To Argue – Hannah Georgas, Lucius
Burning – Maggie Rogers

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists.





Apologies I'm a bit behind in posting these playlists, life's been... interesting outside of radioland.

Let's see what's up this week! 

talk later,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment