A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Funday

Today, I just tried to keep things high energy! I was riding the high from participating in CFCR's 2nd Annual International Women's Day Celebrations this past Friday, March 8. On a goof I was asked to be a model. Words I never thought would be uttered from my mouth - but here they are. I have discovered some really cool people, interesting obsession-inducing clothing and jewelry shops, and got to live grrl power. I also wore half-inch fake eyelashes (no, srsly), thanks to a fantastic makeup artist. Not bad for a Friday night!

My playlist incorporated some fine lady artists today, including our local tarts, The Seahags, two of which were in the fashion show as well!

Tick Tock Tick - Scatterheart
Kill Count - The Balconies
Achilles' Desire - Whitehorse
Rome - Dog Day
Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin - Elephant Stone
Come on Out - The Elwins
Hold onto something - Parlovr
Time Running - Seahags*
Drop Names, Not Bombs - Louise Burns
Mint - Kathleen Edwards
Shortie - Hannah Georgas
Stamp - Rural Alberta Advantage
Caught in a Loop - Royal Canoe
Five Years - Born Ruffians (David Bowie Tribute)
Mary Meets the Horse - Boxer the Horse
Parkade (NGHTBLND Remix) - Rah Rah*
A.L.I.V.E. - Rich Aucoin
If it Feels Good, Do it - Sloan
Harmonic Steppenwolf - Shooting Guns*
Shiny Things - Pack A.D.
Synesthésie - Malajube

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists

I also featured a few acts that will be gracing the stages of Saskatoon venues in the next few weeks. To celebrate (or maybe rockingly commemorate - yes I just made up a word!) the Ides of March, four punk powerhouses will storm the stage at Amigos this coming Friday, March 15. Shooting Guns (aka my new musical crush) are f'in wicked and so are the rest, if you're into that type of thang. Born Ruffians and the Elwins also be at Amigos in two weeks, on March 24.

That's it for now, guys!

xo, k

No comments:

Post a Comment