A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waaaake up, Saskatoon!

Today, I played some upbeat tunes with a splash of hometown goodness and a dash of randomness. The randomness comes natural as randomness can... but I made a concerted effort to play some upbeat songs early to help coax myself listeners out of slumber with some energetic dance-y tunes! Hope it worked!

Brother Down - Sam Roberts
One Shot - Bend Sinister
Heavy Ceiling - Said the Whale
Forevermore (Wah? Oh!)  - Volcanoless In Canada*
Michigan Left - Arkells
Ghosts - Castle River*
Why Don't You Believe Me? - Small Sins
Questions - DVAS
How Bizarre (OMC cover) - CFCF
Live Forever - Shad & Dallas
Islands - We Were Lovers*
Black and White Mountains - Snowblink
Downtown - Erin Passmore*
Sins of My Father - Zachary Lucky*
Northern Air - Elliott BROOD
Laura Palmer's Prom  - You Say Party!
True Heart - Foam Lake*
Are You Gonna' Waste My Time - Zeus
Brand New Ocean - Jeffery Straker*
Constellation - Forest City Lovers
Fire - Yukon Blonde
Road Regrets - Dan Mangan

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists

A few notes from today's show:
  • I played a cover of a song that came out in 1995. I remember it well. It's called How Bizarre. Sweet heavens, I'm old. 
  • I played Jeffrey Straker, an artist from Punnichy, Saskatchewan. At first listen to his music, I felt a bit of an Elton John-esque vibe. Turns out I'm not the only one! I love the strong piano in his songs.
  • I love the Shad and Dallas song. It's a beautiful blend of two bloody talented artists. I love them both for their craft, and adore this collaboration. Take a listen, if ya'd like (via tumblr).
  • If you're in Saskatoon on Friday, go see Zachary Lucky and Saskatoon's favourite bro duo, the K-Bros at the Bassment. If you love acoustic awesomeness and fantastic stage presence, do it up!

Therr she be for another couple weeks.  

much love, 

k

No comments:

Post a Comment