A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Thematic

I try to have themes throughout my show, whether it has to do with music genre, tempo, regions, a certain holiday. Sometimes my music is random, but most times, I attempt to carefully craft a (hopefully) exciting batch of tunes.

I first try to vary things quite a bit, and try to ensure I listen to all the songs and plot out my show and try to build sets that are loosely related. (I have an awesome time doing this, btw!)

Today for example, I had a myriad of mini-sets. Like a husband and wife (Jen Lane and John Antoniuk), a Saskatoon set, a rockin' set, a folky set, a cover set, a poppy set, and a sappy music set (AKA a couple of mushy songs I can't help but love, perhaps in celebration of Hallmark Valentine's Day).

I've given away all my secrets.What do I do now?

So, without further delay, my playlist for February 11!

Strange Animal (Gowan Cover) - The Acorn
I will follow you into the Dark  (Death Cab for Cutie cover) - Amy Millan
Little River - Daniel Ledwell
Easy Come, Easy Go - Great Lake Swimmers
Beautiful - Ben Caplan
The Girl - City and Colour
Safe and Sound - Hawksley Workman
My Denial in Argyle - Woodpigeon
Leap Year - Christine Fellows
Black Bells - Wax Mannequin
The Lonely Cricket - Jen Lane*
Last Day of the Year - John Antoniuk*
Nancy - Deep Dark Woods*
Fossils - Carbon Dating Service*
La Petite Mort - Coeur de Pirate
Romantic Rights - Death from Above 1979
Red Action - Indian Handcrafts
Switched At Death - Vulture Kult*/**
Serious Bedtime - The Balconies
Blood - Dears
Young Hearts Spark Fire - Japandroids
Put Me On - Diamond Rings
Shoreless Kid - Young Galaxy
I Don't Get By - The Sheepdogs* (Bonus tidbit..Learn and Burn was certified PLATINUM last Tuesday! Goo Sheepies!)

Till February 25! <3

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists
**Denotes requested songs

No comments:

Post a Comment