A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Old Hearts

Whoopsy, life got in the way and I'm late posting my list.

Playlist for March 19, 2015:

Un Canadien Errant - Whitehorse
Start of Something - Megan Nash*
Family Oh Family - Shred Kelly
For the Sun - Close Talker*
Afterlife - Arcade Fire
Bye Bye Montreal - Amelia Curran
Easy Come, Easy Go - Great Lake Swimmers
I Don't Need No Help Getting Down - Michael Rault
When I Close My Eyes - Joel Plaskett Emergency
Prairie Girl - Rah Rah*
Permanent Hesitation - Born Ruffians
Peg (Steely Dan Cover) - The Darcys
Leaves, Trees, Forest - Dan Mangan
Old Hearts - Lakefield
Baby, I Won't Do You No Harm - The Sheepdogs*
By Your Side - The Karpinka Brothers*
Young Lions - Constantines
From the Night - Stars
Crash Landing - Rae Spoon
When We Were Young - The Wooden Sky
Light Show - Plants and Animals
Travelling - Paper Lions

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists.

Lots of awesomeness coming up, and please note the many links I've shared.

Some cool tidbits:

  • Michael Rault is headlining our Membership Drive Kick-off show.
  • The Sheepdogs, Karpinka Brothers are going to grace the stage at Regina Folk Fest this summer! Proud of my K-Bro pals! :) 
  • The Wooden Sky, Megan Nash, and Rae Spoon will be a part of the amazing festival that is MoSo.
  • Close Talker was at SXSW last week.
  • I learned about this beautiful song by Lakefield after meeting a super cool dude last week who likes Canadian music as much as I do. Check it out! (They've broken up, but they were hella good!)
  • Megan Nash released a new and stunning album last week. This gal rules! 

Well, that's it for now. I've got a nutty week ahead so if I make it to Thursday, I'll talk to you then! (Haha, sorry for the dramatics.)


Take care, 

k



No comments:

Post a Comment