A Playlist Blog for Thursday's 6 to 8 am edition of Green Eggs and Ham,
CFCR's 90.5 FM's Morning Show

Monday, March 23, 2015

Old Hearts

Whoopsy, life got in the way and I'm late posting my list.

Playlist for March 19, 2015:

Un Canadien Errant - Whitehorse
Start of Something - Megan Nash*
Family Oh Family - Shred Kelly
For the Sun - Close Talker*
Afterlife - Arcade Fire
Bye Bye Montreal - Amelia Curran
Easy Come, Easy Go - Great Lake Swimmers
I Don't Need No Help Getting Down - Michael Rault
When I Close My Eyes - Joel Plaskett Emergency
Prairie Girl - Rah Rah*
Permanent Hesitation - Born Ruffians
Peg (Steely Dan Cover) - The Darcys
Leaves, Trees, Forest - Dan Mangan
Old Hearts - Lakefield
Baby, I Won't Do You No Harm - The Sheepdogs*
By Your Side - The Karpinka Brothers*
Young Lions - Constantines
From the Night - Stars
Crash Landing - Rae Spoon
When We Were Young - The Wooden Sky
Light Show - Plants and Animals
Travelling - Paper Lions

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists.

Lots of awesomeness coming up, and please note the many links I've shared.

Some cool tidbits:

  • Michael Rault is headlining our Membership Drive Kick-off show.
  • The Sheepdogs, Karpinka Brothers are going to grace the stage at Regina Folk Fest this summer! Proud of my K-Bro pals! :) 
  • The Wooden Sky, Megan Nash, and Rae Spoon will be a part of the amazing festival that is MoSo.
  • Close Talker was at SXSW last week.
  • I learned about this beautiful song by Lakefield after meeting a super cool dude last week who likes Canadian music as much as I do. Check it out! (They've broken up, but they were hella good!)
  • Megan Nash released a new and stunning album last week. This gal rules! 

Well, that's it for now. I've got a nutty week ahead so if I make it to Thursday, I'll talk to you then! (Haha, sorry for the dramatics.)


Take care, 

k



No comments:

Post a Comment