A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Middle Road

Hello!

I had a blast making today's playlist. It took me a bit to put it together, but it was a super fun one!

Playlist for Thursday May 22!

Generation Handclap - Library Voices*
Enemies - Hannah Georgas
La petite mort - Coeur de pirate
Ex-Factor - Lauryn Hill
Asleep on the Bus - BesTiE
Sunshine - The Wet Secrets
Human Heat - Sam Roberts Band
Indio - Matt Mays
Birthday - The Sheepdogs*
The Middle Road - The Sheepdogs*
Desire 126 - Hollerado
Make a New Dance Up - Hey Ocean!
What Comes After the Weekend - James Younger
Hot Tonight - Tokyo Police Club
Crash Landing - Rae Spoon
Things You Go Through  - Apollo Ghosts
A Million Dollars - Joel Plaskett
This Town - The Matinée
When She Rides - White Ash Falls
Ruby - Louise Burns
Observatory - The Zolas
I Wanna Love You - Michael Rault
Noisemaker - Two Hours Traffic
The Little Creatures Know - Rich Aucoin
If - Rich Aucoin
The Second Summer of Love - Pink Mountaintops
I'll Be Loving You - King Khan and the BBQ Show

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists

Today, it is my dear cousin Laura's birthday. She lives in PEI, and always listens to my show! She is an amazing gal. Her favourite band in the world is Saskatoon's own Sheepdogs. This past winter, I had the great fortune to meet Ryan Gullen, super sweet and down to earth bassist in said supergroup. I still had a copy the Rolling Stone magazine from 2011 when they won the Cover Shoot contest! I told Ryan how much my cousin and I loved the band, and he got all the guys to sign the mag, and I sent it to her for Christmas. No one has ever been so happy to receive a 2.5 year old magazine! :)





I made sure to play a couple of their tunes today, including the aptly titled Birthday

Well, see you on Thursday, May 29!

xo, 


k



No comments:

Post a Comment