A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Love Song to Canada

Hi there!

So, as a patriotic Canadian, I decided to help a fellow host and fill in on this Canada Day Tuesday.

Today, I decided to play songs from Canada, about Canada, or just good old Canadiana. Hey, if I'm up at 5 am on a holiday to host at my favourite radio station, I'm going to be cheesy. :)

Playlist for Canada Day, 2014:

Territory - Two Hours Traffic
Montréal -40 - Malajube
Emerald Lake, AB - Said the Whale
Love Song to Canada - Jason Collett
Oh, Alberta - Elliott Brood
Corner of Queen - Walk Off the Earth
Yer Spring - Hey Rosetta!
Cold July - Whitehorse
Wherever You Are - Tim Chaisson
Backyard - Good Lovelies
Long Gone to Saskatchewan - Corb Lund
Left and Leaving - The Weakerthans
Your Rocky Spine - Great Lake Swimmer
Black and White Mountains - Snowblink
Regina, I Don't Wanna Fight - Library Voices*
If This Dance Catches On - Mounties
How Late, How Long - Sheepdogs*
Fire's Highway - Japandroids
King of Kreuzberg - Shotgun Jimmie
Chasing the Sunset - Imaginary Cities
Wheat Kings - Tragically Hip

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists.

If you listen to my regular show, I typically play Canadian music so I have a ton of it in my repertoire. Until about 10 years ago, I was seemingly unaware of the expanse of amazing talent that we have here with our Canadian artists. It does not end at folk or rock. My vision was widened by friends, a search for greener pastures, and too much Nickelback. (Sorry I don't mean to sound a the typical hatin' hipster, but I lived somewhere where they were honestly played about 3 times an hour. It was enough. They have their place in Canadian history, k?)

But point being, we have some amazing art and music to celebrate here in Canada. Today was my little dedication to that.

See you on Thursday!

xo

k


No comments:

Post a Comment