A Playlist Blog for The Wednesday Buzz On CFCR 90.5 FM in Saskatoon. Tune in from 5-6 pm.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

This is the Year

Hi!

Ooohhh, doggies. I am so sleepy, but it's a-okay. I was at Lauryn Hill last night, which got out at a semi-reasonable hour, but it took me a while to fall asleep after the show. Even though she kept the crowd's anticipation at peak levels by not starting until after 9 pm (show was scheduled for 8 pm), it was worth every second waiting. She knocked every song out of the Bess Gardens!

I was at the studio bright and early, half asleep ready to go and wake myself with some fine tunes.

Playlist for Thursday June 26: 

Desire 126 - Hollerado
Monday Morning - James Younger
House that Heaven Built - Japandroids
You Remind Me - Bend Sinister
Love is a Dirty Word - Jason Collett
No Can Do - Ladyhawk
Come to Light - Arkells 
Too Bad So Sad - Michael Rault
Ruby - Louise Burns
Breathing Underwater - Metric
This is the Year - Hilary Grist
Reflektor - Arcade Fire
Younger Days - Close Talker*
Someone - Basia Bulat
City Lights - Royal Wood
Broken For Good - Jill Barber
Mint - Kathleen Edwards
Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin - Elephant Stone
Write it All Down for You - Elliott BROOD
Behind My Eyes - The Elwins
Bandages - Hey Rosetta!
This Winter I Retire - Said the Whale
Gonna Be Ready - Tokyo Police Club
Haze Away - Solids

*Denotes Saskatchewan-based artists.

I put a couple of links up there for your consideration.
  • A bang-on review of Lauryn Hill's show last night by the StarPhoenix's Stephanie McKay. 
  • The new Arkells album will be coming out on August 5, but they've released the single Come To Light, and a cool lyrical video for it. 
  • Hilary Grist's upcoming show at Vangelis on July 12. I adore this gal as a person and an artist. I am really looking forward to finally seeing Dominique Fricot, and witnessing Moose Jaw's Megan Nash (of PandaCorn) performing solo. It should be a magical time, so come on out if you're in #yxe that weekend!
I really liked today's playlist and had a great time putting it together. I love when I put one together and it just seems to gel... in my mind anyway! :)

It's the last Thursday of June. Where'd this month go? See you on July 3!

xo,

k

No comments:

Post a Comment